Below is detailed information regarding CHESS’ new EA class enrollment procedure. Please also see the FAQ section.
The Reason For the New Procedure: CHESS Enrichment Academy experiences 85% student re-enrollment into spring semester classes that are continuations of fall semester classes. In the past, CHESS required families to register their student(s) twice each year for enrollment in these corresponding classes - once in the fall and then again in the spring. In order to facilitate a more streamlined enrollment process for CHESS families and office staff, the Board has initiated a new class enrollment procedure.
How the New EA Class Enrollment Procedure Will Work for the Spring 2017 Semester:
1. Check your student's fall 2016 classes to see if you need to make any changes. Your student will be automatically re-enrolled in second-semester classes unless you make a change. We will be sending to you a copy of your student’s fall 2016 schedule to help you plan for the spring 2017 semester.
2. If any changes are necessary, please use the attached Make a Change form or fill it out online and send it to us.
3. All changes, whether you are enrolling in new classes, or dropping a class, are due by November 30, 2016.
4. If we do not receive any changes by November 30, 2016, your first spring 2017 statement will reflect the classes remaining on your schedule.
5. Your statement will be mailed the first week of December 2016.
6. Your first payment will be due January 18, 2017.
How This New Procedure Affects Tuition Payments for the Spring 2017 Semester:
For those families who are enrolling their students into corresponding second-semester classes, 25% of the spring semester's tuition will be due by the first Wednesday class - January 18, 2016 (not January 11, 2017, as our previous email said.). This January 18 payment deadline creates the benefit of having two extra weeks for this initial payment to be remitted (In the past, this initial payment was due with the spring enrollment). The balance of the tuition payments will be scheduled out over several weeks, as has been the arrangement in previous years.
How the New EA Class Enrollment Procedure Will Work for the 2017/18 School Year:
When EA enrollment opens for the 2017/18 school year, students who sign up for class(es) that have a corresponding second-semester class will be automatically enrolled in the second-semester class(es). If you want your student(s) to be enrolled only in the first-semester class, it will be your responsibility to submit a Make a Change form at the end of the fall semester.
How This New Process Affects Tuition Payments for the 2017/18 School Year:
Families signing up for courses are that two-semester classes will submit payment for books, lab supplies, and 25% percent of their total 2017/18 tuition with their enrollment. The balance of the 2017/18 tuition will be scheduled out for payment over several weeks.
Q1) What if I want to know what my student’s grades are before they continue in a second-semester course?
A: Contact your teacher one week before fall classes are done to see how your student is doing.
Q2) Are there any classes offered this fall that are not continuing in the spring 2017 semester?
A: Yes, one - Constitutional Heritage
Q3) How many classes are being offered in the Spring 2017 semester that do not have a corresponding Fall 2016 class?
Q4) When will the spring 2017 class schedule be available?
A: The spring 2017 class schedule will be available by Thursday, October 13, 2016.
Q5) What if I just want to add a new class(es)?
A: Fill out a Make a Change form.
We hope you find this new procedure beneficial. Please keep us in your prayers as we seek to serve you and your students. Please contact us if you have any questions, or set up a meeting with Mr. Aden.