Colorado Heritage Education School System (CHESS) is a private school within the state of Colorado.
Colorado Heritage offers "umbrella school" services to homeschooling families through enrollment in its Independent School. These services enable homeschooling families to take advantage of the freedom to educate at home - determining their own schedule and curriculum - while fulfilling Colorado school enrollment requirements. Enrollment with Colorado Heritage's Independent School is done on a yearly basis.
Enrollment in Colorado Heritage's Independent School also gives families the Colorado Heritage Member designation, enabling you to take advantage of reduced prices when utilizing our Enrichment Academy, Testing services, Graduation ceremony.
Whether you enroll in the Enrichment Academy with Colorado Heritage or enroll with Colorado Heritage as your Independent School, you will have the benefit of receiving services from a dedicated, experienced professional staff who know and support the family-focused, discipleship-centered, home instruction model.
At Colorado Heritage we believe that God has given parents the responsibility to lead the academic and spiritual education of their children. With this in mind, we have designed our Independent School, Enrichment Program, and other services to give maximum academic flexibility with the support, and accountability you chose and that also ensures state education law complacency for those who are enrolled in our Independent School.
Our goal at Colorado Heritage is to help meet your educational needs and contribute to your success. We accomplish this with a team of individuals who have extensive practical experience in home education including graduates of home education.
How to Enroll as a New Family in Colorado Heritage's Independent School
1. Fill out the application form, as soon as you submit this form it will be sent to the Colorado Heritage office. NOTE: The enrollment fee is due before the application can be submitted. Enrollment applications are accepted year-round, but fees are not pro-rated. Renewals occur every July; Colorado Heritage's Independent School academic year is August 1 - July 31.
2. Once your Independent School application received we will review the information and ask that you make a meeting with our Administrative Principle using the link located in the application submission confirmation email. This meeting is to ensure that we will be the best fit for your family. Please bring the following to this meeting if they have not been submitted before:
- Immunization records for your student(s) - these will be part of your family file
- If you have chosen to exempt your student(s) from immunizations, you will need to turn in an exemption form. This form is available through the confirmation email and through the parent portal access (Given after completion of enrollment)
- Any standardized test results taken AND any academic records that you might have had as a homeschooling family that you would like us to include in your family file.
- If your student was enrolled in a traditional (public, private/christian, or charter) school before enrolling with us, you will be submitting a form to them requesting these records be sent to Colorado Heritage and you will not need to bring them to the meeting.
- A way to take notes to ensure we all are on the same page when the meeting is over
3. Once your application has been is accepted and fully processed, you will receive access to the parent portal. On the parent portal you will find the following resources:
- Actual calendar file (excel and pdf available) to show the actual days and hours that you have educated. Remember, you must satisfy the minimum amount of 172 days with an average of four hours per day each school year. This is submitted to Colorado Heritage at the end of the school year.
- A form letter for your previous school to inform them that you have enrolled your student(s) in a private school and requesting they transfer your children's school records to Colorado Heritage.
- A form for stating immunization exemptions based on medical, religious, or personal reasons.
Once the following has been completed we will be able to finish processing your application and you will be enrolled in Colorado Heritage's Independent School.
- Independent School Application filled out and submitted for review
- Meeting with our Administrative Principle - Matthew Aden
- All records, including academic transfer records, immunizations and previous test scores received